For the last couple of months I have been taking things pretty easy and enjoying the proverbial “calm before the storm” (aka: a VERY busy wedding season). But I have been looking forward to traveling a little before my wedding season starts. After 2 months of waiting, the weekend finally came for me to drive on down to good ol San Diego! Here are the things I accomplished during my weekend in San Diego:
1. Got stuck in rush hour traffic in downtown L.A. on the drive down (bad timing on my part)
2. Realized it’s not always sunny in San Diego.
3. Had a BLAST photographing Antonia and Chris in Balboa Park and La Jolla
4. Ate at Lucha Libre Taco Shop (one of the Man VS. Food places) and had an DELICIOUS burrito.
5. Visited Mission Bay and did a 1 year anniversary shoot with Kristen and Dave Prendergast (that will be my part 2 blog of San Diego)
6. Discovered Kristen and Dave’s neighbor is still dating Lady Gaga and she calls Dave, “Big D” when she sees him.
7. Explored Old Town San Diego and bought a Luchador mask and some cool Dios de Los Muertos trinkets
8. Ate hot fresh Chocolate and Strawberry flavored flour tortillas in Old Town San Diego as well as some great mexican food (mmmmm…)
9. Drove over to Coronado and explored the famous Coronado Hotel
10. Realized trying to get into Balboa Park again on Earth Day is literally impossible.
A very successful trip to say the least
So now onto Antonia and Chris. I met Antonia last August at the Get Married Modesto Bridal show and we talked briefly, but it wasn’t until after the show that we started talking more about her wedding. Her and Chris booked me a few months later and we began planning their engagement session. Initially, we were going to do their engagement session in Modesto (where they will be having their wedding in September), but after talking some more we decided to shoot in San Diego, where they live. Antonia asked if that was OK and I said sure “even though on the inside I was like “HECK YEAH!”. I was looking forward to a very sunny and warm San Diego and was instead greeted by a overcast and a quite cool San Diego. But we didn’t let that stop us and we moved forward and had fun anyways. Here are the results! Stay tuned for Part 2!
And as a bonus here are some behind the scene shots of me shooting courtesy of my assistant Tanya!